Sunday, February 8, 2009

Christmas Eve

For Christmas Eve, we always read the Christmas story and the boys usually act it out using puppets.  This year I had some costumes I had borrowed to use for my sharing time, but the boys didn't get to be in it so they were very excited to dress up for ours.  They started as shepherds with McKay being an angel.  Then we took an intermission as they changed into their wise men costumes.  It was very special and so sweet to see how excited about they were.  Even McKay loved it!  
After the story, it was time for the traditional Christmas Eve presents.  Pajamas!

We got home pretty late because Kip needed Dad's help with something and by the time he finished, it was storming pretty badly.  When we got home around 11:30, we realized we had caught Santa in the act!  Our stockings were partially filled and there was stuff scattered all over the floor!  The boys quickly left a note asking him to please return and hurried to bed.  They were relieved the next morning to find that Santa did indeed find to come return and finish the job!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

What a precious nativity scene; just think, next year you will have your own little babe in the manger!

Megan said...

You are an amazing mother! I wish I had your energy, enthusiasm, and creativity!!!!

SJ said...

I love the Nativity picture!!