Monday, October 20, 2008

Our Last Day with Grampa

Sadly, Friday was our last day to spend with Grampa and Gramma.  We spent most of the morning and early afternoon having Grampa playtime.  It was so cute to watch.  Unfortunately, I took tons of video that day, but no pictures of the playdates.  They played restaurant, train, puzzles, and games.  Grampa played right along with them.  It is very fun to watch.  I wish I had a picture of their train expedition.  Nate was the conductor telling everyone all aboard.  Grampa was the driver wearing his crown, with the rocking horse in front of him.  He called it the one horse steam engine.  It was priceless time together creating memories that I am sure will last a lifetime!


Grampa and Gramma treated us to ice cream before Lisa and her kids came to pick them up for the rest of the day.  Of course the ice cream was delicious, but it wouldn't be right without funny face time!

Saying goodbye was very hard.  After having such a fabulous, fun week and watching the boys (and the adults) develop a bond with George and Margaret, it was very hard to see them leave.  I have an especially hard time saying goodbye when the next time you are going to see someone is unknown.  We will hope and pray that it is sooner rather than later, but until next time we have lots of video to make a sequel to the "Papa George" movie that the boys have been watching since our last visit.  It keeps the memories alive and helps the boys remember their Grandparents from England.

No comments: