Monday, October 20, 2008

Temple Square

This was a trip we weren't really planning on doing during George's visit.  Margaret, however, really wanted to see it and he consented.  We rode trax down which the boys always enjoy and then had a picnic lunch in the pavilion in front of the temple.  
We enjoyed going into the tabernacle and the assembly hall.  I always like to go to temple square with boys.  There is so much to do and the boys love it.  It is such a peaceful place to be as a family.  Every time I go I leave thinking I need to come more often.  The boys had fun pushing McKay for the short time he actually stayed in the stroller.
We went into the visitor's center for a little while.  I like that TJ can read well because I know he reads the signs more and can learn so much from being there.  McKay on the other hand enjoyed pushing the button to see the light come on. 

We left McKay's jacket on the train and of course I thought it was going to be warmer that day (and didn't have a lot of clean warm clothing) so I put the boys in shorts and short sleeves.  McKay didn't seem to mind too much.  Grampa gave him his sweater to wrap around him and McKay LOVED that.  He wore it over his shoulder's the whole rest of the day and you could tell he felt like a big boy wearing it.  We had a really nice time all together.  That night we went to dinner at the country club and then retired at home for more "apples to apples".  The boys love to play "apples to apples".  The first night Grampa was there we played it and had so much fun, we did it every night.

No comments: